Here is a preview of the July 2017 issue of the Miss. Jury Verdict Reporter:
- $327,000 plaintiff verdict (minus 73% comparative fault = $88,290)- Gulfport federal court trip-and-fall (6/8/17);
- $123,727 bench verdict (Judge Weathers)- Forest County Tort Claims Act car wreck (5/17/17);
- $13,104 bench verdict (Judge Green)- Hinds County Tort Claims Act police chase negligence (6/15/17);
- $12,700 total verdict- 2 plaintiff Rankin County uninsured motorist case (6/24/16)
- defense verdict- Jackson federal court slip-and-fall covered here (6/23/17);
- defense verdict- Madison County breach of employment contract (6/15/17);
- defense verdict- Greenville federal court uninsured motorist case (6/20/17); and
- defense verdict- Harrison county county court car wreck case (6/14/17).
It’s pretty quiet out there.