Here is a preview of the August 2017 issue of the Miss. Jury Verdict Reporter:
- $600,000 verdict- Clay County bad faith case covered here (7/22/17);
- $188,622 bench verdict- Pearl River County breach of contract case (4/25/17);
- $77,359 verdict (minus 50% fault to plaintiff)- Hinds County County Court pawn shop mishap case (6/21/17);
- $50,000 verdict- Hinds County County Court car wreck case (4/20/17);
- $5,000 verdict- Aberdeen federal court wrongful arrest case w/ pro se plaintiff (7/20/17);
- defense verdict- Lafayette County medical malpractice case (8/3/17); and
- directed verdict- Hinds County medical malpractice case (7/18/17).
A $5,000 verdict by a pro se plaintiff (represented himself) might be a state record.
That dude now has more dollars in verdicts than half the plaintiff lawyers in Mississippi. [Disclaimer: that’s a joke].