Here is a preview of the May 2018 issue of the Miss. Jury Verdict Reporter:
- $474,444 verdict- Gulfport federal court slip and fall case discussed here (4/11/18);
- $350,000 verdict- Lamar County employment tort case discussed here (5/4/18);
- $110,000 settlement during trial- Gulfport federal court civil rights case (4/18/18);
- $25,000 verdict- Hinds County County Court employment contract case (12/19/17);
- mixed verdict- Gulfport federal court breach of contract case (3/30/18);
- plaintiff bench verdict- Forrest County adverse possession case (4/17/18);
- defense verdict- Harrison County car wreck case (5/9/18);
- defense verdict- Jackson federal court breach of fiduciary duty case (5/3/18); and
- defense verdict- Rankin County medical malpractice case (4/12/18).
Federal courts might not be that busy in Mississippi, but they are conducting about half the trials reported in the MJVR.
There are state court venues that either never have civil trials or they aren’t getting reported to MJVR.