Here is a preview of the November 2018 issue of the Miss. Jury Verdict Reporter:
- $291,331 verdict- Madison County breach of contract case (10/12/18);
- $147,745 verdict- Jackson federal court breach of insurance contract case (9/20/18);
- $24,012 verdict- DeSoto County underinsured motorist case (10/3/18);
- $20,000 verdict- Jackson County car wreck case (3/15/18);
- $13,000 verdict- Forrest County car wreck case (9/25/18);
- $500 verdict- Gulfport federal court civil rights case (9/27/18);
- defense verdict- Warren County medical malpractice case (10/22/18); and
- directed verdict- Hinds County medical malpractice case (10/19/18).
The most interesting case is the $500 federal court verdict. The plaintiff was a pro se inmate who won a summary judgment appeal at the 5th Circuit before winning the $500 verdict at trial. Check out the MJVR for all the details.