Here is a preview of the January 2019 issue of the Miss. Jury Verdict Reporter:
- $1.6 million verdict- Harrison County termite damage case covered here (12/13/18);
- defense verdict- Hinds County car wreck case (12/5/18);
- defense verdict- DeSoto County medical malpractice case (11/29/18);
- defense verdict- Tate County car wreck case (12/5/18);
- defense verdict- Jackson County wrongful termination case (12/12/18); and
- defense verdict- Hancock County car wreck case (12/10/18).
For those keeping score at home, that’s a .166 batting average for plaintiffs.
Maybe it’s a coincidence, but the more attorneys advertise on television, the worse plaintiffs seem to do in trials.
In the mid-90’s, in general, trials were coin flips. Now, plaintiffs are trying to roll a hard 8.
Perhaps instead of showing happy clients without a scratch, plaintiff attorneys should show the wreckage (both human and property) suffered by clients who get big settlements.