The Investment News reports retirement investors won a $1.8 million FINRA arbitration award in Jackson against Raymond James for putting investors into penny stocks. It reports:
A three-person, all-public Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Inc. arbitration panel found in favor of 20 claimants who alleged they had been hoodwinked by a broker in the then-Morgan Keegan
On May 1, 2019 a federal court jury in Gulfport rendered a $70,000 plaintiff verdict in Gardner v. CLC of Pascagoula, LLC.
This was a sexual harassment case with a twist. The plaintiff was a certified nurse assistant at CLC’s assisted living facility. She was harassed by a resident of the facility–not the employer.…
Here is a preview of the April 2019 issue of the Miss. Jury Verdict Reporter:
- $495,000 verdict- Bolivar County car wreck case lightly covered here (3/29/19);
- $250,000 verdict- Aberdeen federal court civil rights case covered here (3/19/19);
- $131,000 verdict- Pike County insurance contract case covered here (2/15/19);
- $40,000 verdict- Panola County low minor impact car
On Thursday a federal court jury in Jackson rendered a mixed verdict in Bingham v. Asemotas Real Estate, LLC.
Here is the Complaint.
Plaintiff alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act and beach of contract.
Here is the jury’s Verdict.
The jury found for the Defendant on the breach of contract claim and…
On February 15, 2019, a Pike County jury returned a plaintiff verdict of $131,789 in I-55 Development, LLC v. Nationwide Ins. Co.
Here is the I-55 Complaint w. Exs.
The case involved the theft of inventory at I-55’s convenience stores. The thief was I-55’s tenant, who leased the store and sold inventory on consignment. Nationwide…
Last week a Bolivar County jury returned a $495,000 plaintiff verdict in a car wreck case.
The wreck involved a plaintiff who was speeding colliding with defendant’s lowboy trailer. The defendant contested liability, causation and damages.
The jury found damages of $495,000 and assessed 30% fault to the plaintiff. The judgment was $346,500.
On March 12, 2019 the Pearl River County Court entered a bench verdict and judgement of $121,686 in BRJ, Inc. v. X-Stream Clean Pressure Washing, LLC.
Here is BRJ’s Amended Complaint. BRJ alleged X-Stream damaged the engine of BRJ’s truck while pressure washing it.
The Court found X-Stream was negligent and breached its…
Here is a preview of the March 2019 issue of the Miss. Jury Verdict Reporter:
- $4,170,172- Gulfport federal court truck negligence case covered here (2/15/19);
- defense verdict- Gulfport federal court age discrimination case (2/22/19);
- defense verdict- Jackson federal court car wreck case (2/12/19);
- defense verdict- Scott County negligent police pursuit case (2/11/19); and
- settled at